In this week’s segment of The Creative Closeup, we met with Shay, aka @auralune, aka the newest addition to your “sweetest people on the planet” short list.
Shay gave us the behind the scenes playbook on how she started this path (her creative omelet! …no…outlet!), how she reached success, and the tools she used to get there. She shared with us what keeps her motivated, what keeps her sane, and how that plays into her creative process. Read on to learn more about this actual ray of Sunshine.
Shay / @auralune / June 26th
- Age: I hate that question!!! 25
- Occupation: behavioral therapist, inconsistent-part-time blogger
- Ethnic background: Mexican fully.
- How would you describe as your scope of influence?
- Wow you’re making me get real right away. Just for fun with some fashion, occasional food…mostly fashion.
- How did you start? What made you start?
- *giggles* I have no idea. It was so long ago and I can’t even tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday. I’ve always been into art and creativity so I’m guessing it stems from that? It was my creative outlet. I used to do a lot of painting and street art…I mean I tried to.
- How would you describe your aesthetic?
- The same as my life: not all together cohesive not all together there. Just random things that make me smile….Bits and pieces of things that make me happy….and yellow…I love yellow.
Social Media Presence
- How long did it take you to reach 10K? How long ago was this? How many followers do you have now?
- Oh my goodness…I wanna say…it took like a year. Maybe 3 years ago? Now I’m at like 40k maybe? I don’t do this consistently at all.
- What do you think your followers like most about you?
- Huh. That’s a good question *laughs*. I think….I don’t….like….I mean I probably look relatively relatable? I’m not trying to be an Instagram model or anything I’m trying to just be a real person and I think you can see that with my posts.
- Describe your workflow process.
- I aim for trying to shoot once a week? The times that is actually executed is very rare…but that’s the goal…and then I edit the photos throughout the week. And then I plan my feed.
- What tools do you use to make your life easier?
- I just recently downloaded plannelly! It really helps me plan my feed now.
- How has the plug helped you in your daily process?
- Oh yeah for sure. It reeaaallyy helped me with organization because I’m super unorganized. I mean I think you can tell that from just my feed.
- What is your mission statement?
- I think you really have to do things you really love to do, or you’re really not going to be happy. Put 127% heart and dedication so it’s really worth it…so you’re really happy with what you’re doing. And…be a good person, I don’t know why that falls through the cracks so often. Just be a good person do good things…that’s all.
- What drives you?
- I think it’s all the sacrifices I’ve seen made for me that makes me want to put 110% back into what I do. The people who have helped me out in my life have done it so selflessly so I want to give back so they know it was worth it.
- What has been your biggest challenge?
- Balancing time. Making time to do everything I need to do.
- Do you have a random talent? If so, what is it?
- My art. Street art. Painting. Sketching. But what I was really into was street art. I started in like high school, a long time ago…back in the day *laughs* oh we are getting old.
- Tell us an interesting fact about you that most people don’t know.
- Hmm…no I’m not going to say that….ugh it’s not even a good one….ok once I went to the doc and I was told my uterus is backwards, but like the doctor said its nothing weird…its just like being left handed, which I am, so maybe there’s a correlation. Omg let me tell you something so people don’t think I’m weird….I speak French…And I’ve painted a couple parks.